Acroread5.0.8- Startup problem

Tom Needs a Hat Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 13 17:29:16 UTC 2004

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 04:48:45PM +0000, Murali P wrote:

> I installed Acrobat5.0.8  and it installed without any
> problem.But when I invoke acroread it gives the
> following error:
>         Warning: charset "UTF-8" not supported, using
>        "ISO8859-1".
> Aborted
> Could someone please give me clues to overcome this

You can setup an alias or shell script to set LANG and other
environment variables as needed.  Something like this....

   #!/bin/bash
   ## $(HOME)/bin/acroread
   export LANG=en_US
   export LC_ALL=en_US
   #/usr/local/Acrobat4/bin/acroread $*
   /usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread $*

Since LANG is a global issue yours may be different.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l