stability of fedora for server application?

M3 Freak m3freak at rogers.com
Sat Mar 13 17:33:31 UTC 2004

Hi Shane,

We have been running Fedora Core 1 on a Compaq ProLiant 5500 for three
months without any problems whatsoever.

Server specs:

Dual Pentium III Xeon 500
512 MB RAM
Three Ultra2 SCSI 9.1 GB HDs

The server is running:

OpenGroupware.org
Request Tracker 3.0.8
Website
Email

We bought the server off-lease for about $300, and it runs just about
everything for our consulting company (professional Linux IT services).
OpenGroupware.org gave me a few problems when I set it up, but it's been
fine ever since.  But, besides that, Fedora Core 1 has been great
overall.

HTH,

Kanwar
Systems Aligned Inc.