MySQL Version 4

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 13 18:12:13 UTC 2004

Richard Welty wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:36:22 +0000 WipeOut <wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>

>>Its at least nice to know that RH is trying to get the problem resolved.. :)
>>

>>MySQL 3 is going to become dated very quickly since the MySQL release
>>roadmap looks like its going to move very quickly..
>>

>keep in mind that PostgreSQL is moving very quickly too, and doesn't
>have the licensing issues that are causing confusion with MySQL.
>
>richard

Yes you are right, but all my systems run MySQL and I know it well.. To
change would be quite a major thing..

Out of interest I mailed MySQL AB about the License implications of what
we are doing and they said that we would not be required to buy a
commercial license.. I would suggest that anyone who is concerned about
their systems or uses of MySQL to mail MySQL AB direcly and get the
answer straight from them.. I had got many conflicting *opinions* on how
the new licensing would affect us, mailing them cleared it up easily..

Later..