FC-1 died mysterious several times a week

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sat Mar 13 18:49:15 UTC 2004

Guolin Cheng wrote:

>I don't know which services you have running but look at all your
>service associated error logs.  I ran into something similar when an
>apache startup process repeatedly seg faulted when trying to create
>child processes.
>
>Regards,  Mike Klinke

If I read correctly , this machine is a dual CPU , isnt it? Try
compiling a vanilla kernel and see if crashes.. if it doesnt , it means
that you've hit a known bug...
I dont have the bug number here  , but if you search the archives for
"SMP stability" you may find them... The kernel developers are working
on it already ...

--
Pedro Macedo