FC-1 died mysterious several times a week

Mattias Pettersson linux at frizon.org
Sat Mar 13 19:40:06 UTC 2004

Norman Gaywood wrote:
>   1. Don't run the SMP kernel. Use kernel-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl instead.
>      If you have a single processor box, you will lose hyper-threading.
>      Probably not what you want.

This sounds to me like I really shouldn't upgrade the kernel with yum...
I still have the "default" SMP kernel and I have no problems whatsoever.
Of course, theres some exploit, but I gathered it was a local exploit
and I have the server in a closed environment anyways.

But since the problem seems to be with the "new" SMP I should keep
the old one?!

--
[ Mattias Pettersson | linux at frizon.org ]
[     Registered Linux User: #85796     ]