stability of fedora for server application?

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Sat Mar 13 19:52:53 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 14:38, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> Since you are at a .edu, you should look at the academic pricing for RHEL.
> If you have just a few machines, it's $25 for Workstation, $50 for
> Advanced Server.  For wider deployment, the have pricing for RHN proxy
> and license packages.

I work at an .edu and we're quite happy with RHEL's academic licensing.
$50/year/server is peanuts compared to some other operating
systems/distributions I could mention.

Our biggest complaint is the lack of an official upgrade path from
RHL8/9 to RHEL 3, but we've worked around that on a case-by-case manual
upgrade basis.  It hasn't burned us yet.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves