Various questions (mostly FTP)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Mar 14 01:04:46 UTC 2004

Am So, den 14.03.2004 schrieb Jwp um 01:24:

> > > 2.)     I have a MS 2 button mouse with a scroll wheel, if I am looking
> > at a
> > > web page and press the scroll wheel it causes the Konquerer to go back a
> > > page OR it pastes clipboard data into the address bar?  How can I stop
> > this
> > > behaviour, I have tried changing mouse settings with no luck.
> >
> > What exactly do you want to achieve? Do you want to activate the scroll
> > wheel totally or only click functionality while the wheel shall still
> > roll? What are your actual settings?
>
> The problem is while scrolling up and down a webpage, sometimes I click the
> wheel and jump back a page, so I would like to keep the scrolling
> functionality and disable the scroll button click.  	I am using a PS/2
> intellimouse on mouse configuration the "Emulate 3 button click is
> UNCHECKED"

You will have to play with the ZAxisMapping switch in
/etc/X11/XF86Config. See

http://www.xfree86.org/current/mouse5.html

Be sure you have choosen the correct mouse protocol too, it will be most
likely "IMPS/2".

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 02:01:36 up 5 days, 2:20, load average: 0.19, 0.14, 0.15
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]