FC1 2 3 RH9 10 MDK 6 7 8 9

Homer hparker at homershut.net
Sun Mar 14 05:14:22 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 22:40, Chadley Wilson wrote:

> Well I have been trying for the past three weeks every mirro on the
> planet and every sugestion I have been give on this list and glug yum,
> up2date and apt dont work they all hang. Yes Iam behing a firewall and a
> proxy, I have a username and password for the proxy and the firewall
> [same usename and pass] but nothing works.

	What type of firewall? If you can't run any diagnostics on it, have you
tried tcpdump on your local machine and see what's going on? I'm no
expert by a long shot, but I can usually figure out what the problem is,
and if not, there's a mess of knowledgeable people here.. Don't get the
answer you need here, the join the yum/apt mailing list and ask there..
There's a bunch of help out there, but sometimes you have to hunt a
little for the person with the answer.. If you've tried the normal way
of accessing through a proxy, and it doesn't work, I would suggest
joining the yum or apt mailing list, and speak with the developers about
it.. I've run into some strange things with some of these commercial
firewalls.. That's why I don't sell them, I build them using Linux..
Then I know what I have to work with..

--
Homer Parker			/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
BOFH for homershut.net		\ / No HTML/RTF in email

"Bill Gates reports on security progress made and the challenges ahead."
-- Microsoft's Homepage, on the day an SQL Server bug crippled large
   sections of the Internet.