XP/FC1 on Dell Inpiron 5150

Pierre De Boeck pierre.deboeck at skynet.be
Sun Mar 14 14:54:14 UTC 2004

Ok Mark,

I joined the file in attachement. Note that
I took the one in /etc/X11 and not the one in /etc.

And here are my "progress":

As no setting was working, I have reinstall everything with
Dell 1024*780 LCD and it was not working either.

But I used the rescue mode to edit the inittab and now
I can boot in level 3 with an NIC working. :-)

I also used wget to download the last driver
(NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run) from nvidia
and executed the sh script.

Then it complained about some compiler mismatch version.

I joined the log file also.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all your help. I already installed
RH9 on our servers, configured apache, sendmail,.. and I never
had such problems. But obviously our servers hardware were more
common I suppose than the one found on my laptop.