ATi fglrx-4.3.0-3.7.6 drivers

Matthew Gillen me at mattgillen.net
Sun Mar 14 20:51:25 UTC 2004

Michael Lavallee wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I downloaded the ATi drivers last night and attempted to install them.
> It showed a conflict with another package, so I used the "--force"
> command to drop the RPM in, something I had seen mentioned in relation
> to these drivers before.
>
> When X would try and start up, it would crash with the following:
>   (II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
>   (WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:0)
>   found
>   (EE) No devices detected.
>
>   Fatal server error:
>   no screens found
Try this excellent FAQ:
http://odin.prohosting.com/wedge01/gentoo-radeon-faq.html

By the way, I've tried the latest ATI drivers, and they don't work as
well as the 3.2.8 drivers.  Don't know why drivers would get *worse*,
but they did...(check google if you want the older drivers)
If you want to use 3.2.8 with a 2.6.x kernel, you'll have to apply some
patches yourself though (see FAQ).

--Matthew Gillen