qtparted won't compile

John Thompson JohnThompson at new.rr.com
Mon Mar 15 01:19:22 UTC 2004

I'm having trouble compiling qtparted on my FC-1 system.  Although I
have qt installed:

[john at starfleet john]$ rpm -qa|grep qt-
qt-designer-3.1.2-14
qt-3.1.2-14
qt-devel-3.1.2-14

And precompiled qt programs run without difficulty, the ./configure
script for qtparted insists that qt is not installed:

[root at starfleet qtparted-0.4.3]# ./configure

	[...]

checking for libz... -lz
checking for libpng... -lpng -lz -lm
checking for libjpeg6b... no
checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1.0 and < Qt 3.4.0)
(headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation! For
more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.

config.log doesn't really tell me much, but I'm not exactly sure what I
should be looking for.

I even set LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
QT_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib and CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/lib/qt-3.1/include
and it still tells me it can't find qt.

What am I doing wrong here?

--

-John (JohnThompson at new.rr.com)