Looking for a good Photo Album application

Laurent Aphecetche Laurent.Aphecetche at laposte.net
Mon Mar 15 09:13:43 UTC 2004

Mark Limburg wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> My ISP offers the usual webspace (with PHP which is nice) but no
> ImageMagick or MySQL, so I'm stuck with making all the modifications to
> images on my Linux boxen.  What I'm after is a nice application (like I
> used to have when I was running XP) which is able to handle all my
> images into albums, plus have the ability to upload these
> images/thumbnails to my ISP webspace with a set of customisable
> templates.
>
> Searching around, the only thing I can find is Digikam which looks great
> but I've been less than successful in getting it to run on my Fedora
> setup.
>
> So the question really is ... does anyone know if there are any apt-get
> or yum installable versions of this app?  I would prefer a Gnome
> solution, but if I have to, I'll use a KDE one ...
>
> Thanks guys .. you rock

Hi,

BTW, I did install digikam-0.6 on my Fedora Core 1 laptop this week-end...

I had to start from SRPMS found at
http://digikam.free.fr/Binaries/0.6/Fedora/

(also, as I had a "minimal=personal workstation" Fedora install, I used
yum to get some missing *-devel packages needed for the build).

Hope it helps,

Regards,