Looking for a good Photo Album application

Mark Limburg mlimburg at users.on.net
Mon Mar 15 10:43:50 UTC 2004

Howdy,

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 21:04, Laurent Aphecetche wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to be sure (I'm a little bit confused by your statement about
> configure, make and make install) : did you do a
>
> rpmbuild --rebuild digikam-0.6-fc1.src.rpm
>
> and what you call "configure/make/make install" are the rpm build steps
> or what ?

Okay, I'm not a linux guy (yet) so I'm plodding my way through .. I'll
explain the best I can.

I entered a terminal as root.
I grabbed the src.rpm files and then "rpm -ihv filename" them.
I changed to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCE/digikam-0.6 directory and then
(after installing all the devel packages), did:

./configure
make
make install

I then opened anther terminal as myself, and entered 'digikam' to see
the output ..

That's when I saw the error.

Hope this helps ..

.mwl