motherboard decision help

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Mon Mar 15 13:27:19 UTC 2004

Michal Zeravik wrote:

> I'm thinking about nforce2 chipset mobo, It's should be more powerful
> and faster than KT600 for Athlon-xp.
> Do you have any experience with nvidia nforce2 drivers?

My mobo is a GigaByte GA-7N400 Pro2, and it works fine without the
Nvidia drivers. Some mobo's use the nforce2 onboard lan. If you get a
mobo that his the nforce2 lan, you will have to load the Nvidia drivers.
I tried the Nvidia onboard sound driver, but it did not work as well as
the intel8x0 driver. Your experience will depend on which mobo you buy.