Alsa install error,

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Mon Mar 15 18:47:49 UTC 2004

Does any on know why I get this error when installing asla,
I am using the packages for FC1 i686 from
http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

I have succesfully loaded the kernel,
2.4.24-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma which was recommeded by the site,
all is well everything seems to work it even fixed the delays on the
volume control but not the equaliser. mmm!
Any way here is the error when I run the alsaconf script provided.
did I miss something.

Starting sound driver snd-intel8x0 Warning: ignoring device_mode=0666,
no such parameter in this module
Module snd loaded, with warnings
Module snd-seq-device loaded, with warnings
Module snd-rawmidi loaded, with warnings
Module snd-mpu401-uart loaded, with warnings
Module gameport loaded, with warnings
Module snd-page-alloc loaded, with warnings
Module snd-ac97-codec loaded, with warnings
Module snd-timer loaded, with warnings
Module snd-pcm loaded, with warnings
/lib/modules/2.4.24-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma/kernel/sound/snd-intel8x0.o:
init_module: No such device
/lib/modules/2.4.24-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma/kernel/sound/snd-intel8x0.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.24-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma/kernel/sound/snd-intel8x0.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.24-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma/kernel/sound/snd-intel8x0.o: Hint:
insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
insmod snd-intel8x0 failed
                                                           [FAILED]
Setting default volumes..
Saving the mixer setup used for this in /etc/asound.state.
alsaconf: line 553: /usr/sbin/alsactl: No such file or directory

 Now ALSA is ready to use.
 For adjustment of volumes, please use alsamixer or gamix.

 Have a lot of fun!

[root at chadlin alsa2]#

Thats it
Chad