c++ IDE

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Mon Mar 15 20:12:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 15:55, Pierre De Boeck wrote:
> 	Hi all,
>
> I am coming from MS visual studio C++ / dotnet and developped a lot
> with openSsl,network programming,...
>
> Now I have to developp on linux as well and I am looking for
> a good open-source IDE for C++ dev to install on my FC1. That IDE shoud
> provides at least
> - syntax C++ coloring
> - project mamagement
> - debugging (thread aware)
> - gcc as compiler/linker
> - full control of the gcc arguments
>
> and optionally
> - CVS integration
> - intellisense (code completion)
> - help integration
>
> I have heard about eclipse and MinGW.

I recommend you to use Eclipse + CDT plugin: If you are a java developer
and need access to a C/C++ IDE or you do not mind that it requires a
powerful machine. The Red Hat team has a version of Eclipse+GCJ running
natively without a non free JVM, I have not tried it yet ;-)

CDT has all the features you have mentioned