Qt 1.4

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Mar 15 22:16:26 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 15.03.2004 schrieb Chadley Wilson um 22:53:

> [...]

The package above is QT from FC 1.90.

> Well thanks for the link I installed the following
> qt-3.2.3-0.2.i386.rpm
> qt-devel-3.2.3-0.2.i386.rpm
>
>  and still get this error
>
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt-1.4 (headers and libraries) not
> found. Please check your installation!
> [root at chadlin ravempgui]#
>
> Is there more to Qt that I must find and install?

Do you believe qt-3.2.3 / qt-devel-3.2.3 will provide QT version 1.4?
Why do you think so?

I have not much experience with QT but I am fairly sure QT 3.2 is way
different from QT 1.4. Thus even creating a symlink "faking" you have QT
1.4 libraries and headers, while the symlink points to the QT 3.2
libs/headers, will probably fail.

Imagine, taking an application for Windows 3.11 and trying to install
that on Windows XP, in very many cases this will fail. The application
expects specific dlls and up to XP they have changed a lot.

If you really want to go on with that bloody QT 1.4, do a google
research for the QT 1.4 source and try to compile that source. With very
much luck that will succeed and you can install these headers/libs in
parallel to the actual FC1 headers/libs. But perhaps the compilation
will fail as the compiler changed too from the one in 1998.

I hope you understand what I am trying to explain.

> Thanks
> Chad

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 23:04:57 up 6 days, 23:24, load average: 0.33, 0.27, 0.20
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]