see replacement monitor

fe dora fedora_mail at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 02:03:19 UTC 2004

How do I get Fedora to see replacement monitor?

This evening my Mitsubishi 17FS monitor expired. The
only temp monitor I have is a Packard Bell Model
PB2160

On boot, everything runs OK, I see the normal script
as Fedora loads, and just when normally the gui loads,
the screen blacks out, while the machine runs fine. As
I imagine the logon and password prompt (but cannot
see at this point) I can type in name / pwd, and hear
the machine activity, as it normally would.

Q: How can I force the machine (Fedora-core 1) to
recognize the replacement monitor?

Other info:
mobo- Asus A7N8X-D

many thanks in advance,