see replacement monitor

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue Mar 16 02:27:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 04:03, fe dora wrote:
> How do I get Fedora to see replacement monitor?

snipped
> Q: How can I force the machine (Fedora-core 1) to
> recognize the replacement monitor?
>
> Other info:
> mobo- Asus A7N8X-D

I am a bit rusty on this one, reboot and at the grub loader press e on
the selected kernel edit the kernel string [press e again] then add to
the end of the kernel entry init 3 then press b to boot

You should boot to the login prompt.
login as root
run redhat-config-xfree86 --reconfig should work select a generic "crt"
monitor if yours is not listed.
Then set the resolutions and check that your graphic card is using the
right driver.
If that doesnt work try redhat-config-xfree86 --help for an output of
options.

Chad