Removing a web browser

Michael Kearey mutk at iprimus.com.au
Tue Mar 16 21:52:02 UTC 2004

pinco wrote:
> Perhaps I'm a paranoic, but I'd like to have only a Web browser.
> Now on my FC1 I've got installed both Konqueror and Mozilla, how can
> uninstall one of them?
> I tried to remove Konqueror but I didn't succeed, the same with Mozilla.
>
> I tried to do so by the menu option of Gnome.

I cannot imagine  *any* security advantage of having one web browser
installed instead of 2. Except only if one of them was IE perhaps.

To erase mozilla 'rpm -e mozilla'  It will complain that other
packages on system need mozilla. You will need to add each package to
the 'rpm -e mozilla' line.

Another way to remove mozilla is 'yum remove mozilla' it will find and
present the dependant packages and ask if you want them removed too..

Cheers,
Michael