bridge-nf

Ryan Rothert ryan at rothert.com
Wed Mar 17 02:18:02 UTC 2004

I have a bridge setup on a new Fedora box:

[root at fedora root]# brctl  show
br0             8000.0008a16300be       yes             eth0
                                                        eth1

Im not having much luck getting iptables to work with this. Im able to run
the following commands without error
# allows all outbound traffic
iptables -A FORWARD --in-interface eth0 --out-interface eth1 -j ACCEPT

# allow inbound services
iptables -A FORWARD --in-interface eth1 --out-interface eth0 -p tcp -s
10.0.0.1 -d 192.168.1.5 -j DROP

# drop everything else
iptables -A FORWARD --in-interface eth0 --out-interface eth1  -d \!
192.168.1.5 -j REJECT

But the iptables rules arent having any effect.  What am I missing here?
Does bridge-nf come with the Fedora kernels ? Do I have to rebuild the
kernel to make this work?

Thanks,
Ryan