How do I set up dual screen in linux by using NV-TV?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Wed Mar 17 02:39:14 UTC 2004

Jeff Vian wrote:

> For connecting to a PAL tv you will need to set the card to PAL
> encoding.  NTSC is not the same.
> In general, Europe uses PAL and most other places use NTSC for
> television.
>
>> So before I'll do something stypid I wrote here to ask were I am doing
>> wrong. And what will happen if I change in GeForce BIOS that NTSC to
>> PAL. Or do I need a newer cable for connecting that tv to computer.

As Jeff wrote , PAL is a TV encoding. This means that hacking the
Geforce bios wont help much , unless you hack the right things , like
the part which defines which standard it uses in the tv output....
BUT , you dont need to hack it..  I dont know about linux (because I
never tried to use a TV with my computer in linux , just in windows),
but on windows you can configure the card to use the PAL standard on the
TV-out. Take a look at the readme for the Geforce drivers and there may
be a option to use PAL on linux. If you dont find any , go to windows
and configure the card to use PAL and see if this config works after
rebooting back on linux....

--
Pedro Macedo