Random Network Droping, advice needed

Jim Radford jim at grubber.org
Wed Mar 17 06:35:47 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 17 Mar 2004 12:00 am, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> What is the content of /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts on your system?

[root at mailgate network-scripts]# ls
ifcfg-eth0      ifdown-cipcb  ifdown-isdn  ifdown-sl     ifup-ippp   ifup-isdn
ifup-ppp     ifup-wireless
ifcfg-lo        ifdown-ippp   ifdown-post  ifup          ifup-ipsec  ifup-plip
ifup-routes  init.ipv6-global
ifdown          ifdown-ipsec  ifdown-ppp   ifup-aliases  ifup-ipv6
ifup-plusb  ifup-sit     network-functions
ifdown-aliases  ifdown-ipv6   ifdown-sit   ifup-cipcb    ifup-ipx    ifup-post
ifup-sl      network-functions-ipv6

Is there something particular I should be looking for?

> Additional for the initial problem: cat /proc/interrupts
> Check if your network card shares an IRQ with other devices. If so, try
> to change the PCI slot to give the NIC an own IRQ.

eth0 is on IRC 10 all by itself.

Thanks,
--
Jim Radford
   "If at first you don't succeed - change the DC"