Try Bittorrent (was Plans for DVD-ROM image?)

Jon Savage jonathansavage at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 17 14:46:06 UTC 2004

 >> Joel Jaeggli wrote:
 >What I'd really like to see is a more robust ftp/http install that can
 >take advantage of multiple mirrors instead of stalling or failing if
 >the server you're using slows down, fails, has a corrupt or missing
 >file etc.

Have you tried bittorrent? That deals nicely with slowdowns/corrupt
files etc.
I've used torrent to get all of the FC & Fc testing ISOS, usually start
the job on the evening of release & have the ISOs ready to burn in the
early AM. Another thing that really helps is having another partition
just for ISOs, then start anaconda and point the installer to the
location of the images on your HD- that makes for a fast install w/o
requiring any disc changes at all.

BTW Fedora Core 2 (test) is currently running @ 4 CDs

Bests

Jon