Samba - Windows 98

Michael Gargiullo mgargiullo at warpdrive.net
Wed Mar 17 15:03:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 09:43, Chris Botha wrote:
> Windows 98 Security Problem
>
> Could sombody explain how I can get windows 98 to function on per-user login
> as windows 2000. Is it possable to to something like that? I do not like the
> idea that the users details are localy stored. A user sould also not be able
> to get in if a password in not correctly punched in. Any help will be
> welcome.
>
> Chris

Ok this sounds like flamebait, but ok..

You cannot secure win98.  All the user has to do once you turn on the
login(found in network properties) is hit escape or cancel and they get
to the desktop.  The login is for preferences only.  There maybe 3rd
party software to lock down win98, but it's a 6 year old+ OS...time to
upgrade...to Fedora ;)

You may want to ask this question on a WINDOWS mailing list...