Using 2 distributions;Deleting windows partition-help required

Christopher Ness nesscg at
Wed Mar 17 16:49:05 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 08:34, jludwig wrote:
> logical partition. BTW you can use your swap partition from the other
> distribution since it only stores inactive system memory -- virtual
> memory --.

This is true on a desktop, but if you plan to use sw-susp on a laptop
then you cannot mix your swap partitions since the saved state will be
overwritten when you go between distros.

The same goes for different kernels on the same machine.  :)

Software Engineering IV,
McMaster University
PGP Public Key:

10:43:42 up 6 min, 2 users, load average: 0.05, 0.37, 0.22