Updating VSFTPD from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1.

George Lemos listreader at lemosnet.com
Wed Mar 17 18:56:13 UTC 2004

Thanks for getting back to me Alexander.

> Am Mi, den 17.03.2004 schrieb George Lemos um 18:03:
> > I'm working on learning VSFTPD and am setting it up on a fedora fc1
> > box. The system currently, from the original install, has version
> > 1.2.0. At least that is what the folder says in
> /usr/share/doc/vsftpd-1.2.0.
>
> rpm -q vsftpd
>
> this tells you the exact version and patch number of the
> installed package.
>
> > Bare with me as I am green in Linux but learning every day. If I
> > download vsftpd-1.2.0-5.i386.rpm and enter the command:
> >
> > rpm -ihv vsftpd-1.2.0-5.i386.rpm
>
> You can install packages easily using the Fedora tool up2date
> by running
>
> up2date-nox -i vsftpd
>
> It has the advantage that it automagically resolves
> dependencies, while the direct install command using rpm
> might fail when other packages are missing.

When I run the command

up2date-nox -i vsftpd

I get:

-----
The following packages you requested are already updated:
Vsftpd
-----

But the latest is v1.2.1 according to the website and the package I have
installed is vsftpd-1.2.0-5

What am I missing?

.thanks!
/g