CD burning issues

J. Scott Amort jsamort at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 18 06:20:22 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 19:17, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> in my opinion the best app for linux CD/DVD writing is K3b.
> You can download it from K3b.org.
> Its dependancies are, well lots of work but I will lay it out for you.
>
> First you need to download from livna.org and freshrpms.net.
> I dont suggest you use sourceforge if you are new, it drives me nuts
> sometimes.
>
> If my memory serves me correctly I got my deps from livna.org and
> freshrpms.net
>
> Create a folder called K3B
> then create 4 sub folders called
> Flac
> libid3
> id3
> libmad
[snip]

Although you could certainly do this manually if you like, I would
suggest using apt/synaptic instead.

Add the following to your sources.list (in /etc/apt):

rpm http://rpms.xcyb.org/fedora/1/ i386 stable

then, as root, do an:

apt-get update

followed by:

apt-get install k3b

This will take care of the dependencies for you, and you should be all
ready to type k3b and go.

Best,
Scott