openssl issue

Christopher Ness nesscg at mcmaster.ca
Thu Mar 18 15:11:39 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 10:04, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 02:35:41PM +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
> > The problem is really that there is no QA team for Fedora which can test
> > embargoed security fixes.

If you are using FC as an _important_ corporate machine under heavy load
shouldn't you take the time to install vanilla code for heavily used
services (ie. ssh, httpd, postfix, etc).

This way you can keep up with these things as soon as they hit the
mirrors.  I know it's nice to use {RPM,APT,YUM} but if you are going to
stress test, tweak and/or are paranoid you can only trust:

./configure && make && su -c "make install"

Cheers,
Chris
--
Software Engineering IV,
McMaster University

10:08:10 up 39 min, 3 users, load average: 0.01, 0.05, 0.12