Samba under Fedora

Mark A. Hoover mahoover at ispaceonline.org
Fri Mar 19 00:15:42 UTC 2004

I was wondering is anybody else here has had trouble mounting remote
share points when using the Samba client that comes with Fedora.

I took a box with Fedora on it fully up2date'd and attempted to mount a
Windows 2000 server in a domain setup from my linux box.  The mount
worked great, but it took almost 2 hours to copy 175 MB from an
otherwise idle server.  When doing the same copy from a WinXP laptop, it
took about 20 seconds.

Any thoughts?  Something I should be tweaking?

I've used the Samba server from Windows many times with great performance.