is ok to use lastes kernel

Chris Jones linux at stow-jones.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 10:04:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 14:54, Mitch Wiedemann wrote:
> Hello Jose,
> If you are referring to using "yum update" or the redhat up2date, then
> it's fine to get the latest kernel, you don't have to get each version.
> All package updates are cumulative. (In my experience anyway).
>
> One note: I have an nVidia graphics  card, and sometimes after a kernel
> update I have to re-run the nvidia installer again to rebuild the kernel
> module.  Just FYI (For Your Information).

I would like to qualify that. I have FC1 running on an MSI K7N2 mobo
with an Athlon 2600 cpu and Nvidia controller. When upgrading kernels, I
have found only that my "spare" ethernet port (eth1) needs the
controller software re-compiled. The video element is OK and upgrades
seamlessly.

mailto:chris at stow-jones.co.uk
web: http://www.stow-jones.co.uk/