Minimum requirements for install? (Sorry if this is a dup)

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri Mar 19 16:23:38 UTC 2004

At 10:11 3/19/2004, you wrote:
>I just found a page on HP's site that explains how to change it on this
>model.  I hope that the installation does not have a hard coded limit of
>64MB since I will have at most 62MB.

It doesn't have a hard-coded limit, it's just that Anaconda needs a bunch
of RAM to calculate dependencies and install orders. Others have posted to
this list saying they had success with TEXT-MODE installs (that is, running
through the installing steps in text regardless of whether you want to use
X Window later on) with as little as 48MB, so I'd give good odds that
you'll be fine.

If not, borrow 32MB or more from another machine for an hour, install, then
give it back. <smile>

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com