LDAP how to

Preston grammaton_cleric at gmx.net
Fri Mar 19 18:23:38 UTC 2004

El Viernes, 19 de Marzo de 2004 01:10 PM, Alexander Dalloz escribió:
> Am Fr, den 19.03.2004 schrieb Preston um 15:13:
> > Is there some LDAP how to specifically focused in Fedora?
>
> Fedora ships with OpenLDAP, so howtos and documentation for OpenLDAP
> will fit for Fedora.

> Second, mentioning LDAP does not imply any specific usage. Do you want
> LDAP to use with your mail server or just for an address book?
First as address book, later maybe I use it as extensively as possible.

> It is always a good idea to start a research if you have no good idea
> about a topic using google. It will not bring you up with first hits to
> the perfect fitting site, but you will get an impression visiting
> several sites.
I did, I even managed to make ldap work under RH 8, but not properly. No I
cant make it.

> A mailing list most often can only help if you have specific questions
> or problems you can not find the solution yourself.
The problem is that I can't figure out what is the correct data to put in the
config. I tried several combinations and even that I cant connect to the
server or add more records. So, Im in a total stupidity status, when I need
more than docs, but somebody who guides me . You can call it "do the work for
me" if you want.

--
ru guo ni yao ai, ni jiang bu hui shi qu