Struggling installing software via Add/Remove Software after update

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Mar 19 18:31:07 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 19.03.2004 schrieb Alexander Storman um 19:07:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to add some packages via redhat-config-packages in gnome.  I recently installed core1 and updated all of my installed packages.  Now when I select new packages to install in redhat-config-packages, (like the Kernel Dev and X Software Dev groups)  I get a "Packages Not Found" popup with the error:
> "The following packages could not be found on your system.  Installation cannot contiune until they are installed."
> A list of packages it wants me to install appears under this (ie. 'XFree86','4.3.0','55').  When I use rpm to check the package info, I find that these packages are installed....
>
> Does anyone know how to get redhat-config-packages to recognize these istalled packages?

Man! Do not hijack foreign threads! You even full quoted a totally
unrelated article. Please respect the mailinglist netiquette.

Use up2date or yum to additionally install packages. You have already
upgraded your XFree86 to latest bugfixing package and running
redhat-config-packages using the original FC1 CD1 would request the old
initial XFree-devel package.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 19:26:51 up 4:09, 7 users, 0.03, 0.08, 0.08
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]