Grub Startup Graphics

dsavage at peaknet.net dsavage at peaknet.net
Fri Mar 19 21:51:47 UTC 2004

> When I first started out I had this line for terminal graphics;
>
>         kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.4 ro root=LABEL=/1 vga=733
>
> But I played with GRUB and now will not accept vga=733
>
> Does anyone know of a DOC that explains how to set up GRUB to accept
> vga= options?
> --

I seem to recall tables of VESA codes in both hex and in decimal, but the
exact location has vanished into the mists of time. I do know that vga=795
will give you a 1280x1024 graphic display in 24 colors. I also know I've
not been able to make any modes work at 1600x1200 resolution.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL