read vcds in fedora-> cdfs??!

Didier Casse didierbe at sps.nus.edu.sg
Sat Mar 20 03:49:16 UTC 2004

On 20/03/04, at 12:30 +1100, Ronny Haryanto <ronnylist at haryan.to> wrote:

> On 19-Mar-2004, Didier Casse wrote:
> > Does anybody know any good programs with FC1 rpms around that could do the
> > trick of mounting vcds?
> >
> > Please don't mention Mplayer or Xine to view vcds. I don't want to view
> > the vcds, I want to mount them to extract files. :-p
>
> Well not exactly mount, but try vcdimager suite. FC1 RPMs available
> from freshrpms.net.

Yes but you still need some kind of mounting. For instance

transcode -i /mnt/cdrom -o movie.avi -y divx4 would give you a
segmentation fault with an original vcd.

But I found a way to read the vcd. With root, you can execute a

mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

and voila!, you can read it on /mnt/cdrom. Weird sometimes this Linux.
Thanks for the reply.

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg

Web: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg