Duplicating a partition remotely

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 20 14:59:44 UTC 2004

I have a hard drive containing archived stuff accumulated since Oct '99
(RH6.0) that is beginning to get errors. I need to get that stuff copied
to another drive in another machine. The two machines are networked, so
copying is no problem.  The problem I'm having is finding a way to
preserve ownership, permissions and date/time.  I've looked at rcp, ftp,
ftpcp, ftpcopy, wget, smbclient and some others whose names escape me
and haven't found (or have overlooked!) a way to preserve the attributes.

Any suggestions?

--
"The wages of sin are death; but after they're done taking out taxes,
it's just a tired feeling:"

 08:45:01  up 50 days, 21:45, 11 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.13, 0.11
     One billion seconds ago it was 07:58:21 CDT Wed 07/12/72