Update kernel

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Mar 20 21:49:26 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 20.03.2004 schrieb Jonathan Fiat um 22:05:
> Hello,
> I wish to update to the latest stable kernel (2.6.4), but cannot
> understand which files I need to download. I understand that the files:
> kernel-2.6.4.rpm
> kernel-source-2.6.4.rpm
> kernel-doc-2.6.4.rpm
> are needed, but I can't find them in:
> http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.6/RPMS.kernel/
> Which files do I need, and where can I find them?
>
> Thanks,
> Jonathan

All files are exactly there!

For ease of use you may add the repository with the URI
http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.6/ into your sources list
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/source for use with up2date or into /etc/yum.conf for
usage with yum.

If you prefer manual downloads then do not forget that you too need
other RPMS like the newer, kernel 2.6 ready modutils and mkinitrd
package. If you have a Pentium III or IV CPU package
kernel-2.6.4-1.278.i686.rpm would be right for the kernel image.

Be sure you know what you are doing. Else wait for FC2 coming out.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 22:27:43 up 1 day, 7:10, load average: 0.49, 0.34, 0.31
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]