real time sound

S. Gongola gongolas at verizon.net
Sun Mar 21 14:37:09 UTC 2004

I mostly pipe everything through SDL. mplayer works through SDL, and most
games use SDL. Like when I'm playing a shooting game when I press fire, I
hear the shooting sound about a second later. Can I do anything to SDL to
give it realtime priority?
And what about artsd. When I click the run with realtime priority check-box it
doesn't do much?