yum or up2date

Greg Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sun Mar 21 21:16:09 UTC 2004

Anyone,

Would you please point me in the right direction as to whether yum or up2date should
be used for FC1.  I have looked in the archives and have not been able to figure out
the pros and cons of each.  I presume that up2date downloads from RedHat and yum from
one of the FC1 mirror sites.   I never had any difficulty using up2date on RH 7.1 and
8.0 systems, but using it on FC1 is difficult because it stops about every third file
that is downloaded.

Sure would appreciate some information about the differences between these.

Thanks,

Greg Ennis