SPAM on the mailing list

John Thompson JohnThompson at new.rr.com
Mon Mar 22 03:43:36 UTC 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:29:12 -0600
Jeff Vian <jvian10 at charter.net> wrote:

> There was some discussion in days past about reasons for not using
> HTML email.
>
> Has anyone noticed that there seem to be a LOT of spam messages making
> it thru the mailing list now?

Is it really spam, or just messages that are being tagged as spam?  I've not seen any blatant spam on the list, but I did notice some messages being dumped by my filter.  These turned out to be legitimate messages, but with a " X-RedHat-Spam-Warning:" header that made my procmail toss it out.

For what it's worth, this message from you was tagged by the list server with a spam level of over 9, and I usually dump anything over 5:

	RCVD_IN_DYNABLOCK, RCVD_IN_SORBS

I have since adjusted my procmail recipes to accommodate for this:

--

-John (JohnThompson at new.rr.com)