How to share kppp with all non-root users

Scott Burns scott at mirrabooka.com
Mon Mar 22 22:03:02 UTC 2004

Parameshwara Bhat wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> Thanx for the reply.There is no such file in my system.Also,I have
> neither a home network nor a network card in the system.It is a single
> computer that we share.

usernetctl is provided by the initscripts package - try "locate
usernetctl" and it should show it in /usr/sbin

Even without a network card you should still have
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts directory - there is configuration for
the "loopback" device at least.  There should also be configuration
files for your ppp connections.

--
Scott Burns
Mirrabooka Systems