trying to enable SCSI support for my ATAPI drives.

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Mar 23 00:41:13 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 23.03.2004 schrieb Merrill Jr. Butterman um 01:24:
> Got a quick question, having k3b installed successfully, how do you enable SCSI
> support for CD-ROM's. Even though they are on a IDE bus, k3b suggested adding
> that, to avoid any problems accessing them. I was able to use the program
> successfully without any issues except for the speed of reading the tracks
> before the actual writing happened. I suspect it means changing the fstab files
> but since they are critical, I don't dare touch them on a suspicion. thanks for
> any help you could render.
>
> =====
> Merrill A. Butterman Jr.

Put in /etc/grub.conf at the kernel line for each drive you want to use
the SCSI emulation for a switch like:

hdc=ide-scsi

Be aware that with kernel 2.6 SCSI emulation for IDE devices gets
obsolete (still there the option but buggy). Actual burning software
should already be able to access IDE drives without need for the SCSI
layer.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 01:37:23 up 3 days, 10:19, load average: 0.31, 0.18, 0.14
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]