Please set you time!!

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue Mar 23 16:36:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 10:30, WipeOut wrote:
> Hi all..
>
> This is a message to all participants on the list...
>
> Please make sure the date and time on your PC is correct.. I have over
> the last week got many messages with totally incorrect dates and it
> makes sorting by date a useless excersise..
>
> For those of you who don't know how to do it..
>
> Firstly find the closest open time server to you..
> http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock2a.html
>
> Test it by running "rdate -p time.server.name"in a terminal window.. You
> should get it printing out the current time on the screen, anything else
> means the server did not respond properly so choose another server..
>
> Then..
>
> Go to "System Settings" > "Date and Time" and using the NTP server you
> have chosen you can get the time updated automatically (the
> clock.redhat.com and clock2.redhat.com don't seem to be working).. You
> could also set you date manually on this screen..
>
> Or you can simply run "rdate -s time.server.name" which will get the
> system time synced up to the time server..
>
> When you shutdown you PC the hardware clock will be synced to the system
> time, or you can run "hwclock --systohc" to do it manually..
>
> Later..

Just remeber this list is international we are not all in the same time
zone.

Chadley Wilson

Production PLanner / Analyst and Supervisor

A division of Technobyte (Pty) Ltd.    Registration No. 1993/00917/07
Email: chadley at pinteq.co.za

Tel: +27 11 265 3000 (Switchboard) or 265 3195 (Direct) 083 342 3730
(Cell)
Fax: + 27 11 265 3073
Web site: www.pinnacle.co.za

WARNING: The information transmitted herewith is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete all
copies of the material.