Wine, DC120 cam, and OneTouch Scanner problems.

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Tue Mar 23 18:58:49 UTC 2004

Jim Sims wrote:

> I have set permissions to all for both Com1 & 2, and even logged off
> and on again.  No luck.  How do you list the serial ports Com1 & 2 in
> Linux?  I have tried what I think is everything on port settings in
> "add camera".  I keep getting the message of "can't initialize camera,
> check your port settings".
> Jim

On a serial port there are setting such as baud rate, parity, stop bits
that also define the communication.  If your camera is not set the same
as the serial port they cannot communicate.
Your manual for the camera should tell you what the settings are
expected to be, then set the same on the serial port.