Database Startup

Bryan Encina bryan.encina at valleypres.org
Tue Mar 23 20:12:02 UTC 2004

> Any suggestions
> or recommendations on finding out what I have on this system
> would be great.
> >From there I can get down to reading what I need to read to
> get going.

If you have postgres typing psql at the prompt will take you to an
interactive terminal.  I believe typing mysql will do the same for mysql.
This may only work if you have the client binary in your path, though.

Also you might wanna take a look at the start scripts in /etc/init.d/ if you
have postgreSQL installed you should see a start script named postgresql or
pgsql, mysql should be mysql.

HTH,
-b