setting up cable internet connection

Alimin Bijosono Oei alimin_oei at myrealbox.com
Thu Mar 25 00:42:12 UTC 2004

I am thinking of getting a broadband cable connection because this is
the only broadband connection available at my place. Just want to know
from others' experience how easy it is to set this up in Fedora? I
checked the internet configuration wizard tool, but couldn't see any
option for cable connection i.e. options available are CIPE (VPN)
connection, Ethernet connection, ISDN connection, Modem connection,
Token Ring connection, Wireless connection and xDSL connection. Are
there any issues with cable modem compatibility? I am living in
Australia and cable internet provider will be Telstra. I would really
appreciate any help provided. TIA

Alimin