Problem reinstalling openoffice

Bruno Despin bruno.despin at free.fr
Thu Mar 25 10:52:07 UTC 2004

Steve,
I'm much something like a beginner with Linux, however if this can help!
I have myself improved a lot of difficulties with the Fedora embedded
installation of  OpenOffice which to my understanding does'nt work properly.

- rpm installation is based on a  so called  spec files which contains
all the installation instructions amongst which the dependencies.
This spec file is itself part of the rpm package and I've not already
found the way extract  and modify it.

- Openoffice.org does'nt support or provide rpm installation untill now
but only tar.gz

- ooffice comes along with its own installer as installation is quite a
complex process.

At the end of the day, I did download the ultimate tar.gz  from
openoffice.org and installed ooffice according to the official
installation procedure.

It works, however, this is not consistent with the rpm package management.

Bruno