Upgrading Mozilla to 1.7

J. Scott Amort jsamort at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 25 19:13:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 17:05, Frans Thamura wrote:
> I upgrade the Mozilla to 1.7 beta, but, all the bluecurve font gone.
> but when I switch back to 1.4.1 which distributed by FC1, work wel.
> anyone have this problem?

If you are referring to the fact that the fonts in 1.7b are not aliased
(i.e. they look jagged), then you need to make sure that xft is enabled
in the mozilla build you are using.  Did you install from an rpm?  If
so, you may need to rebuild the src.rpm to include this, or similarly,
build mozilla from source with xft enabled (be prepared for a long
build!)  Otherwise, wait for 1.7 final, which will most likely include
an xft build.

Best,

Scott