oops: anaconda please stop touching my sdc and sdd

Martin Stone martin.stone at db.com
Thu Mar 25 20:42:46 UTC 2004

Sorry - I posted this as a reply to another message earlier.  My bad.

--

Hi all,

I'm trying to do a kickstart on some machines that have 2x simple scsi disks on
sda and sdb and 2x 3ware RAID arrays on sdc and sdd.  I want anaconda to leave
sdc and sdd alone, since they have data on them and anaconda crashes when it
tries to write partition tables to them anyway.  The partition part of my ks.cfg
looks like this:

--

#Leave the 3ware disks alone
clearpart --drives sda,sdb --initlabel

part /boot --fstype ext3 --size 200 --ondisk sda
part swap --size 1024 --ondisk sda
part raid.01 --size 1 --grow --ondisk sda

part /boot.spare --fstype ext3 --size 200 --ondisk sdb
part swap --size 1024 --ondisk sdb
part raid.02 --size 1 --grow --ondisk sdb

raid / --level=1 --device=md0 --fstype ext3 raid.01 raid.02

--

but anaconda still insists on trying to touch the partition tables on sdc and
sdd.  I know this because they are each larger than 1TB and anaconda seems to

Anyone had any experience with this?  Things I have tried so far:  "append
sdc=none sdd=none" (still complains) and "rmmod 3w-xxxx" in %pre (works but pops
up a dialog first, so we're "interactive").

Thanks in advance for any ideas...